UCF School of Performing Arts Marketing Coordinator II
General Responsibility: The Marketing Coordinator II promotes the UCF School of Performing Arts to internal and external audiences, markets the school’s services and events, and engages the local community in university activities. Working closely with university faculty and staff, they will create and execute a marketing strategy to increase the number and loyalty of School of Performing Arts’ stakeholders (including students, event attendees, and donors) through national, regional, and local promotion of academic programs and public events, including editorial creation, social media, advertising, publication management, mass email, public relations and networking, among other marketing and communications techniques.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a marketing/communications plan to support live and virtual public performances from the School of Performing Arts through promotions, including paid advertising, print publications, social media, graphic design, networking, editorial articles, website, branded merchandise, media relations, email newsletters, and other promotional vehicles.
- Serve as the lead marketing/communications staff member for UCF Celebrates the Arts, working with the CTA Steering Committee and college communications team to create a marketing plan, materials, publications, website, media assets and other activities related to UCF Celebrates the Arts as needed.
- Produce editorial stories, web content, and event materials for music, theatre and dance
- Serve as a primary contact for promotion of live performances to university departments, community organizations, UCF Foundation, SPA Advisory Board members, and the community at large regarding Theatre and Music Department live performance programs.
- Collaborate with department personnel on recruitment events, strategy and materials.
- Assisting in negotiating performance and reception event arrangements for purposes of public relations, promotion, and recruitment.
- Serve as liaison to the communications and marketing teams at the university and College of Arts and Humanities, collaborating with the individuals in those teams to bring more recognition to the School of Performing Arts and the arts at UCF, in general.
- Maintain and grow the SPA’s archive of media assets, preserving the history of the school and ensuring that the students and faculty are accurately represented and the files are reasonably accessible.
- Oversee operations of School of Performing Arts Box Office, providing guidance to Box Office Manager on tickets and subscription.
- Budget planning and maintenance, including accurate accounting of expenditures by P-card (individual) for departmental production purposes.
- Coordinate the work of student writers, photographers and videographers.
- Create and execute social media strategy for the School of Performing Arts (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, others as needed.)
- Maintain Performing Arts website using WordPress content management system
- Communicate with patron database using email newsletter system, including list management and content creation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Education or experience working in the performing arts (music, theatre or dance)
- Oral, written, and computer skills at a professional level
- High level of organization
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of and experience using AP style
- Experience supervising/overseeing student interns, volunteers or interns
- Experience managing digital ad campaigns
- Experience managing social media for brands and events (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram)
- Experience using WordPress
- Experience with email marketing client (such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Experience using applications: Microsoft Office; Design tools (ie. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Canva); Video editors (ie. iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Spark)
Supervision Received: Direct report to the Director of the UCF School of Performing Arts and works closely with the College of Arts and Humanities Director of Marketing and Communications. This is an in-person position.
More details are at https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/500952/marketing-coordinator-ii. All applicants must apply at www.ucf.edu/jobs. In addition to the application, please submit a letter of introduction, resume, a link to writing samples/clips/portfolio, and names and contact information for 3 past/present supervisors who will provide a reference.