The University of Central Florida (UCF) School of Performing Arts is seeking qualified candidates for a Marketing Communications Manager.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing communications, marketing and sales strategies within the School of Performing Arts. This role promotes activities in music and theatre to internal and external audiences, markets services (like performances and camps), engages the local community, and collaborates with community partners. The Manager serves as the lead communicator for UCF Celebrates the Arts and works closely with the marketing and communications team in the College of Arts and Humanities.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and marketing plan that supports the school’s public performance and recruitment goals, reaching a diverse constituent base across all media including publications, advertisements, media relations, video, web, digital, and social media.
- Serve as the lead marketing/communications staff member for UCF Celebrates the Arts, working with the CTA Steering Committee and college communications team to create a marketing plan, materials, publications, website, media assets and other activities related to UCF Celebrates the Arts as needed.
- Collaborate with school and college leadership to prioritize strategic goals for communications, managing public relations efforts and networks with news outlets and generating positive media coverage about the school.
- Develop, evaluate, and disseminate key messages for print and digital assets, ensuring that messages and materials are aligned with a common and agreed-upon set of core values.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with key partners throughout UCF and the College of Arts and Humanities’ marketing/communications teams.
- Develop and continually manage a system to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications-related initiatives.
- Determine the need for and oversee the execution of marketing collateral and marketing materials, including content management of the school website.
- Ensure brand identity consistency within the UCF brand. Strategic and results-driven approach to communication with alumni, students, prospective students, and external stakeholders.
- Mentor and lead student assistants, the music coordinator, the box office manager, and a shared marketing assistant, providing strategic leadership in directing the activities.
- Collaborate with department personnel on recruitment initiatives and materials.
- Work with faculty to develop and disseminate impactful creative activity/research-based stories to increase brand and reputation to a wide range of audiences, including current & prospective students, academics, industry professional, and community leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field (communications, marketing, writing, advertising or related) and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in higher ed.
- Performing Arts industry knowledge.
- Experience with ticket sales and subscriptions.
- Excellent public speaking and writing capability.
- Experience managing brand campaigns on social media.
- Experience with publication management and photo/video editing.
- Previous use of email newsletter system, WordPress, or other WYSIWYG CMS/communications tools.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or other design programs.
- Knowledge of AP style.
Additional Application Materials Required:
- Cover letter and resume
- Two longer form writing samples (press releases, feature articles, blog posts, or similar) and two short-form writing samples (social media, sales copy, brochures, captions, or similar)
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays.
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions.
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
- And more…For more benefits information, go to UCF Employee Benefits Guide (12-14-21)