The UCF College of Arts and Humanities is cancelling upcoming events, including the annual festival, UCF Celebrates the Arts.
Keeping our UCF community safe and informed is our top priority. UCF, and all universities in the State University System, are taking precautions to help minimize the risk of the spread of the coronavirus. We know that social distancing is one of the key ways we can help protect the health of our community, and to this end, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel our upcoming events, including UCF Celebrates the Arts.
Public offerings from the College of Arts and Humanities, including concerts, recitals, lectures, exhibitions, theatre performances, etc., are cancelled or postponed at least through the end of the Spring 2020 semester. UCF Celebrates the Arts 2020, planned for April 7-19 at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, is also cancelled.
While this news is disappointing, our primary concern is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our students, employees and community. We did not make this decision lightly, as we recognize the preparation already invested into these events and the educational value of the students’ presentations. However, this altered schedule allows everyone to focus on individual health and the welfare of the community at-large.
Patrons who have already reserved tickets have several options:
- Request a refund or future credit for their tickets by contacting the box office prior to the event date. Call 407-823-1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.We anticipate a high volume of calls, please leave a message and a representative will return the call as soon as possible. If no action is taken by the date of the event, we will credit the patron account in the amount of the tickets to redeem for future events.
- Donate the cost of the ticket(s). The area hosting the event will receive a donation in the amount of the ticket purchase. Ticket donations to UCF Celebrates the Arts events would support future Celebrates events. The UCF Foundation, Inc. will issue a receipt/tax letter to the patron. Patrons wishing to donate their ticket purchases must contact the box office prior to the event date. Call 407-823-1500 or email email@example.com.
- Theatre season ticketholders will receive a call about their options regarding Urinetown
- No action is required for free tickets.
The following events have been cancelled or postponed with dates to be announced (Updated 3-17-20):
- The UCF Gallery will be closed as long as the university is not offering face-to-face instruction. The MFA exhibition will conclude effective immediately and decisions regarding future exhibitions will be announced soon.
- La Tavola Italiana – Italian conversation hour – March 16, 23
- Illustrator, Designer, Concept Artist Mitsuhiro Arita – March 17
- Café Francophone – French Conversation – March 18, 25
- Creative Writing and Collaborative Translation: A Workshop – March 19
- Guest Artist Recital: Wesley Ferreira, clarinet – March 19
- Africa and Beyond: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue – March 19
- Guest Artist Recital: Unheard-of Ensemble – March 20
- Florida French Horn Festival – March 21
- Faculty Recital: Jeremy Hunt, Steven Chicurel-Stein – March 22
- Annual Pauley Lecture Series on Global Affairs – Can Nations Forgive? – March 23
- Lecture: Chimamanda Adichie and Conceicao Evaristo – March 24
- Jazz Chamber Concert – March 24
- Café Espanol – March 25
- Urinetown – March 26-April 5 (postponed until further notice)
- UCF Composition Studio Recitals – March 31, April 3
- NEA Big Read Kickoff – April 1
- Jennine Capo Crucet – April 2
- UCF New Music Ensemble Concert – April 2
- Second Annual Judaic Studies Lecture Series – April 2
- SaxFest – April 4
- UCF Celebrates the Arts – April 7-19
- Jeff VanderMeer Reading – March 23 Will be held online
- Ann VanderMeer Q&A – March 23 Will be held online
- Learn Quechua! – March 19, 26 Will be held online
- Menagerie: BFA Exhibition – March 3-April 4 Will be exhibited virtually
- Emergence: BFA Exhibition – April 14-21 Will be exhibited virtually
Information about events scheduled later in the spring semester will be communicated closer to the event dates. For more information about UCF’s response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit https://www.ucf.edu/safety/coronavirus/.